Monday, July 5, 2010

Hey everyone,
We are having an amazing time here. I went on my homestay two nights ago and it was so cool to see how the families live. We got there at night and talked with the family and drank some chai. We were entertained by the children singing and dancing until 10:30 when we ate dinner. At first I was worried about the food but it was delicious. We slept pretty well compared to other groups and woke up around seven. Before we left, we had more chai, exchanged gifts, and took pictures. The car drove us back to the camp where we ate a delicious breakfast. Our guide, Daniel, offered to take us to the church service right by our camp. They welcomed us and had one of the men translate the sermon for us. They would dance as they sang and raise their hands to praise God. It was such an amazing thing to experience. Some of the children from the school were there and they sat with us. The children are adorable. There are so many that I would bring home if I could. It is a good thing they are so happy here in Shompole or I would try to bring some home.
I miss everybody and hope you are having fun on your trip.
Anyour Olan (I love you)
-Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment